Had a conflict of opinions with a friend, but was mindful enough to cease and extinguish the anger, and release the tension in the heart before the situation worsened. That's nothing great-if I were that great, I would be mindful enough not to let the anger arise in the first place. I saw in my mind's eye a small hard heart, and immediately let it disintegrate. There was an open space with a few dark clouds in my mind. There was a mild sense of amusement. I made a fuss somewhat of the matter-that's why there was anger. This realisation is funny when you are aware of it. There was amazement too-no heat; just cool niceness. The sudden switch from the moment of anger to peace allowed me to appreciate deeply the value of openness. With this openness in the heart, any angry words which come your way become echoes in space that you can truly hear deeply-without prejudice. With a closed heart, angry words become sharp arrows piercing it, as they are taken with biasness, assumed to be weapons shot to kill. He who is open can never be hurt. How can you hurt open space? (Happiness in chinese means "Open-heartedness!"
0 Responses