Day 11

HE: I vow to be her personal Bodhisattva from hell-fire to heavenly bliss, for all time, before we attain Buddhahood together. However, I shall have no request that she will be my Bodhisattva in any way. I will be mindful not to become attached to her such that my spiritual life will be at risk. Though we are together now, I shall have to depart alone just as I came alone. And I will be a Bodhisattva Father to our children, in hope that they too will be Bodhisattvas to theirs. Together, we will live as a Buddhist family.

SHE: I vow to be his personal Bodhisattva from hell-fire to heavenly bliss, for all time, before we attain Buddhahood together. However, I shall have no request that he will be my Bodhisattva in any way. I will be mindful not to become attached to him such that my spiritual life will be at risk. Though we are together now, I shall have to depart alone just as I came alone. And I will be a Bodhisattva Mother to our children, in hope that they too will be Bodhisattvas to theirs. Together, we will live as a Buddhist family.

0 Responses